Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Writing about War

 
I don't think I've ever written a structured blog post or an article about war. I just realized that as being somewhat strange, given my belief that war was the most traumatic experience in my life. Ok, maybe it's not that strange; who rushes to write about traumatic experiences, especially the most traumatic ones?

I did write about being a refugee, within an economic context, but that's only a small part of war, and it is generally the part that I consider the least troubling. In fact, I learned a lot about the functioning of the market by being a refugee in a country in which the state was losing its grip.

However, I've thought about war quite a bit, and I even have had a working title in mind for quite a while. I just never got to that part of actually writing down the damn thing. Maybe this is so also because I have high hopes for this future piece. My intention is to show people how one gets trapped into thinking that war is a good idea. And, when you realize it's actually a terrible idea for most of us, it's already too late.

So, what I've decided now is to make the first step--to open a Word file and write down the working title on the first page and then save this file in "My Articles" folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment